Speed up your home sale by preparing your home ahead of time using the following home inspection tips. Your home inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
Ten Tips to Speed Up Your Home Inspection
- Confirm that that the water, electrical and gas services are turned on (including pilot lights).
- Make sure your pets won’t hinder your home inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from the premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs to avoid a “light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
- Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
- Remove stored items, debris, and wood from the foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electrical service panels, the water heater, attic, and crawlspace.
- Unlock any locked areas that your home inspector must access, such as the attic door or hatch, the electrical service panel, the door to the basement, and any exterior gates.
- Trim tree limbs so that they’re at least 10 feet away from the roof. Trim any shrubs that are too close to the house and can hide pests or hold moisture against the exterior.
- Repair or replace any broken or missing items, such as doorknobs, locks or latches, windowpanes or screens, gutters or downspouts, or chimney caps.
“Sean Bacon provided a wonderful, thorough inspection. Throughout the process I could sense his care that I was clear on all his findings, a genuine concern for any issue that arose, and insight on how to best manage them. In addition to his impeccable inspection service, he was a joy to be around. The inspection report came back as comprehensive as imagined based on his service the day of the inspection. I will without a doubt make sure to work with Sean again in any future home-buying endeavors.” – Review of Xcellence Inspection Services By Darla Wynn
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Better yet, have your InterNACHI inspector ensure that your home is Move-In Certified ™. Your real estate agent will thank you!
Speed Up Your Home Inspection
Your Southwestern Suburbs of Chicago Premier Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Xcellence Inspection Services company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Xcellence Inspection Services will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Chicago area, we can help!