As the weather continues to warm, you might be thinking about some of the home improvement projects you put on the back burner during the winter. As you once again consult your to-do list, its the perfect time to think about a few small projects that can greatly enhance your homes curb appeal.
Where does a smart homeowner start? The answer: Begin with a few small projects that are guaranteed to greatly enhance your homes curb appeal. Whether youre preparing to sell your home, or are simply trying to protect your investment and make it easier on the eyes, there are a few common improvements that can give the exterior of your home a quick and easy facelift.
Start with the driveway Repaving or reconstructing your driveway entirely can be a time consuming and expensive task, but for most homeowners, this can be avoided with some annual maintenance. If you neglect your driveway, cracks can quickly grow into potholes, which can cause it to lose its aesthetic appeal and pose a safety concern. A few hours work each year can greatly extend the life of your driveway.
Sakrete U.S. Cold Patch is a reliable option for every type of driveway repair because it can be used during all seasons and has a much longer shelf life up to five years than most pothole repair products. Because its made without kerosene, theres no odor or mess, yet its strong enough to win praise from road repair professionals and contractors alike.
I use U.S. Cold Patch both on my driveway at home and out on the job, says Chad Patrick, owner of Patrick Landscapes in Pennsylvania. The ease of use, lack of foul odor, and non-gooey application make it the logical choice for all of our blacktop repair projects.
Using a product like U.S. Cold Patch is simple: You just sweep the area, pour in the patching mixture and roll over it with a car tire. However, it is important that you completely fill the affected area and tamp it well to prevent future damage during freezing and thawing. More information on repairing cracks and potholes can be found at www.uscoldpatch.com.
In addition to maintaining your driveway, here are a few other projects that can greatly contribute to your homes curb appeal:
- Add some landscaping features along the edges of your driveway. This adds a point of distinction between the pavement and your lawn, giving it a more inviting look.
- Check your mailbox for winter wear. If its seen better days, consider replacing it. Otherwise landscaping around your mailbox can add extra appeal. If you live in a colder region, be sure to use resilient plants, as this area can take a beating from the snowplow.
- While cleaning out your gutters is a necessary spring ritual, power washing the exterior of your home can add a little extra life to the look of your house, especially the front porch.
- Replace your house number and worn hardware on the front door, and consider a fresh coat of high-gloss paint on the door in a classy color, such as black.
- Early spring is an excellent time to trim trees and other vegetation before they begin to sprout leaves. Its easier on your plants, and its easy to identify branches that need to be trimmed.
5 Ways To Fix Up Your House
Your Premier Chicago Home Inspection Company| Let this experienced Xcellence Inspection Services company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Xcellence Inspection Services will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Chicago area, we can help!